|Cuerres is an asturias westside little village pretty
close to ribadellesa (just 5 km far) and 19 km Llanes,it´s been pilgrim´s break during centuries; a country
full of history and good living, where the traveller, after crossing throught medieval bridge,
used to take care of his wounded in Sta Ana Church, used as pilgrims hospital,and drinking some
water from "Pilgrim Fountain", used to having rest at San Mamés church,to continue the way
trough the coastal route.
|In these days, it's a privileged place for a rest,
walking and entertainments, where still remains the warmth of their people and their
Cuerres is a beautiful village in a lovely natural scenery, wood surrondings, irregular tracks
which make you discover some such marvelous landscapes like Castro Arenes escarpments, magic
of "Fools" (natural water sources), the beach,where sweet water full of life and majestic
Cantabric sea are united.
|Some of cultural and turistical interests.
- FEVE route: (Narrow Railway ), break nearby Cuerres in Belmonte and Camango.
- Cuerres Festivities: Oportunity for you to discover traditional asturian culture.
- January 17th, St Antón Day.
- August 7th , St Mamés Day.
- August 9th, Cheese Fair Day.
- August 10th, horse and livestock San Lorenzo's Fair Day.
- October 7th, Rosario Virgin Day.
|Discover step by step many stones bridges,
mills, romantic sites nearby Guadamía riverside, mountain range around Cuerres. For boldest
people, roads til summit, courage is worth it to contemplate this really splendourous "little bit" of